[X4U] Users' judgments of the glossy screen?

Ray Choiniere rfcee at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 27 10:09:48 PST 2008

Hi All;

Just a quick note of thanks to everyone for their replies to my
inquiry about users' experiences with the glossy screen.

And although I had not thought to ask about it directly, I was glad
to read about the brightness of the glossy screen on the MacBooks. (I
too have found the MacBook screen almost unusable out of doors
because of my own aged eyes.)

I guess, as Neil Laubenthal wrote, "the real solution is to go look
at it . . . either you will love it or hate it and either way the
correct answer becomes obvious."

Even then, Randy's reference to the anti-glare film site provides a
sort of fail-safe. (Note that I said "sort of," by the way. Nothing
is perfect. But it seems to me that such a film could make the
difference in case of modest dissatisfaction.)

Again, thanks to you all for your help.

Ray