[X4U] E-Mail programs (Was: Users' judgments of the glossy screen?)

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Thu Feb 28 07:06:34 PST 2008

On Feb 28, 2008, at 7:33 AM, Linda wrote:

>> Ed Gould wrote:
>>
>>> Just a thought here. When I ran OE the DB was around 25G and it took
>>> a good 15 minutes to back it up and that meant OE could not be
>>> updating the DB while the back up was running. At least with
>>> individual messages this shouldn't(?) be an issue.
>
> Outlook Express for Mac had a limit of, IIRC, 2GB for its database.
> Perhaps
> you mean that your database was 25MB rather than 25GB?
>
> ~Linda

Linda,

It was a few years ago. I thought it was 25G (because it took so long
to back it up). In any case I will bow to your expertise. Maybe that
is why is wasn't working very well for me because I was at (or passed
the limit).
I had never heard about a limit this is really new news to me.
I was not a fan of the product anyway. But it did seem to work not
that I was really impressed with it.
Ed