[X4U] E-Mail programs (Was: Users' judgments of the glossy screen?)

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Thu Feb 28 07:47:47 PST 2008

Ed Gould wrote:

>According to someone else on here the limit was 25M. The drive I had
>it installed on was 200G (that is what came with the my MAC) so I am
>sure that it was reasonably common.

No, I've looked into this a bit further, and as far as I can figure
out, the issue had to do with the HFS file system, and I gather that
the system itself imposed a 2 GB size limit for any file. Since
Outlook Express put all the mail data into one file, it could reach
the limitation on file size imposed by the HFS file system.

Anyway, the limitation certainly was NOT 25 MB!

Daly