[X4U] SheepShaver (Was: Users' judgments ...)

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Thu Feb 28 14:21:49 PST 2008

Richard asked:

>I'm interested in your success with SheepShaver; are you running it
>under Leopard? Intel or PPC Mac?

Well, I just remembered that there is one issue with it, which is
that 2 of 3 times I try to print, SheepShaver crashes. And when it
does work it is only to print to a .ps file that I double click to
open as a PDF file, and I print that. So printing is not resolved. On
the other hand, I have spent very little time trying to figure it
out. Other than that, I installed SheepShaver 1.1 with its built-in
installer, spent 60 seconds setting some preferences, and there I
was, in OS 7.6 with WordPerfect functioning perfectly. It's
delightful.

This was on my Intel 2GH iMac. So since you asked, I booted into my
external drive with OS X 10.5.2, and installed SheepShaver 1.1 there,
and it worked just as well.

Others aren't complaining about the printing, so I'm quite sure it's
something I haven't set up correctly yet.

But the bottom line is that I can again run MacDraw Pro on my Intel
iMac, which is what I was after.

Daly