[X4U] APPLE's Mail Program

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 1 11:49:48 PST 2008

On Jan 1, 2008, at 5:56 AM, R.A. Hettinga wrote:

> On Jan 1, 2008, at 1:13 AM, Ed Gould wrote:
>
>> Once in a great while I post a URL that wraps the line.
>> I get flamed for this
>
> This is an easy manual fix on your part. Simply put your url in
> angle brackets, viz,
>
>  <http://www.offendingdomain.com/put/your/extra/long/annoying/line/
> breaking/uniform/resource/locator/in/angle/brackets/and/they/wont/
> get/line/munged.html>
>
> ...and Apple Mail shouldn't break them.
>
> Lessee if this works.

I tried that and it didn't work. I also got "dinged" for doing it.
Apple may handle it OK internally as I when I got a copy back it was
correct but almost none of the other people said it worked. I sent
along in a later post what had happened. I had even asked before I
sent it if it was OK to put the "<" and ">" sign(s) before and after.
The answer was don't blame us if it doesn't work. Of course it didn't.

This list is mainly made of extremely anal retentive types and
anything that is not 100 percent correct makes the wording of the
entire email incorrect (although it probably is). I am just a
whipping boy because of mails apparent variation from the RFC's. They
make their living being right all the time.

Ed