[X4U] APPLE's Mail Program

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 1 12:01:27 PST 2008

On Jan 1, 2008, at 8:40 AM, Craig A. Finseth wrote:

>    I subscribe to a *extremely* technical computer email list. Once
> in a
>    great while I post a URL that wraps the line.
>
> I parse your sentence to read "an extrememly technical list about
> computer email."

It is *NOT* a list about email its a list of people who are extremely
proficient on certain type of OTHER computers (not MACs). They are a
strange breed (yes I used to be one) of extremely intelligent and
extremely anal type professional computer types.

> So, you subscribe to a extremely technical list (your words) about how
> to do email properly, use a program that doesn't, and complain when
> people call you on it?

I am hoping to figure out how to correct Apple's email program so it
meets the proper RFC's. There maybe (for all I know some option in
MAIL that makes APPLE mail program ) an option that forces mail to be
all RFC compliant.

> Why are you bothering with the list in the first place?

See above.