[X4U] APPLE's Mail Program

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Wed Jan 2 05:49:28 PST 2008

At 09:44 +0000 1/2/08, David Ledger wrote:
>Maybe you should setup Postfix and use command line 'mailx' when emailing this group.

It's also perfectly possible to use telnet or ssh depending on your server. Connect to port 25 and execute SMTP protocol commands (they're just text commands) yourself.

Perl, python and others have modules that will do that for you. I can probably find a sample in perl if you ask. I once wrote one for a fellow in the local Mac user group who had problems with broken links in his list-like messages to members but he never used it. The links now arrive as tinyurl items and I dislike it.

--

Applescript syntax is like English spelling:
Roughly, though not thoroughly, thought through.