[X4U] Guitar learning apps?

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Thu Jan 3 10:41:24 PST 2008

Hi all,

My 11 year old son received a box guitar from his grandfather for
Christmas. It was unexpected as my son has never shown any interest
in playing. Now that he has it though he's been fiddling around and
trying to learn the few cords his grandfather showed him. Right now I
believe it's more of a curiosity for him than an interest. But if he
keeps at it, and if he's interested, I will offer to enrol him in
private lessons. In the meantime, I was wondering if any of you could
recommend any Mac "tutorial" software that would help him learn to
play? I'm looking for something that isn't too complicated or too
expensive.

Thanks

Mark Des Cotes