[X4U] Leopard Password PS

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Sat Jan 5 07:45:00 PST 2008

On 1/5/08 4:22 AM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

>  How can I now login?

I found this on Penn State's site -- first hit when I used Google to search
for your problem (I used the words Leopard password problem Mac OS X).

Does it solve your issue?

> Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Password Problem
>
> If your local password (not your Access Account password!) is greater than
> eight characters, and you've upgraded your Mac from OS X 10.2, and you haven't
> changed your password since OS X 10.2, then Leopard won't let you log in.
>
> To prevent this from occurring, the Computer Store recommends backing up all
> documents and important information, formatting the hard disk and installing a
> clean copy of OS X 10.5.

If that part doesn't apply, they've also offered this:

> Apple has now provided *Login & Keychain Update 1.0 for Mac OS X  10.5
> Leopard*. This is said to address:
> Logging in with an account originally created in Mac OS X 10.1  or earlier
> that has a password of 8 or more characters.
> Connecting to some 802.11b/g wireless networks.
> Changing the password of a FileVault-protected account.
>
> For more information please visit Apple's article:

I'm not affiliated with Penn State, this site just came up when I used
Google to search for an answer to your post.

Given that most people haven't had this issue, it's hardly "Vista progress".
:-(

~Linda
--
Just released: _This Water Goes North_ from Mániténáhk Books.
Hardcover, nonfiction. 240 pages + 16-page color photo insert.