[X4U] APPLE's Mail Program

Christopher Collins maclist at analogdigital.com.au
Sat Jan 5 14:29:03 PST 2008

On 06/01/2008, at 12:33 AM, Stroller wrote:

> <Lots of unsubstatiated drivel clipped.>
>
> I like Macs very much, and I think Apple have done many things
> right, but I would ask the previous poster to refrain from Microsoft-
> basing - it is not helpful.

Yet again Stroller, you seem to constantly miss the point.

I was not bashing Microsoft per se. I was bashing ANYONE who takes an
open standard, modifies it with their own "features" and then wonders
why it won't work properly with other software that follows the
standard.

You really need to get off your "Microsoft on a pedestal" and
understand what was said.

Microsoft was mentioned, so was Adobe, so was Apple and so were a few
others.

All have been guilty of modifying "standards" with features and then
complaining about interoperability issues.

Deal with it and move on. Microsoft is not perfect. And neither is
Apple.

cjc

PS 	And just for the record, prove the following with something more
than a throw away statement that is only your opinion.

- Observe how the MIME header says "plain text" and "format flowed"
yet there's still a bunch of stuff in there that looks like a complete
& utter mess, including html markup. There is no way on earth this is
valid plain-text.