[X4U] Spotlight search results are not sortable by usual Finder metadata

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sun Jan 6 07:11:55 PST 2008

On 6 Jan 2008, at 00:59, Linda wrote:

> Well, it works the way you suggest in OS X 10.4 also. I've always
> missed the
> ability to sort by date, ...

Frikkin' annoying it is, too.

When you order my date under 10.4, it does so by date of _last
access_. So when you click on an item to see if it's the right one it
immediately goes to the head of the results. Are the 4th & 5th
results the file you remember using yesterday, or are they files that
you clicked on a couple of moments ago, in your search for that
document? How stupid!

Stroller.