[X4U] Spotlight search results are not sortable by usual Finder metadata

Ray Choiniere rfcee at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 6 17:34:55 PST 2008

On Jan 6, 2008, at 11:34 AM, Michael Elliott wrote:

> Linda and Stoller,
>
> How amazing I never even noticed this in 10.4.  Apple must have
> their heads up...well, you know.
>
> I found a program called HoudaSpot that leverages the Spotlight
> engine in a better way. But the window it puts up at default is
> intimidating.
>
> Michael

Hi All;

I suggest that you take a close look at EasyFind, a free utility from

http://www.devon-technologies.com/

I have found EasyFind quite useful. Once you've done a search on what
you want, (the search being confined to the drive, or folders you
specify) you can sort the search results by name, date modified or
date created, size, kind, and where located.

I never use Spotlight any more. I've just put EasyFind in my Dock for
convenience because it is much much better for me.

It's hard to believe DEVONtech is letting this thing loose as a freebie.

Hope this helps;

Ray