[X4U] Spotlight search results are not sortable by usual Finder metadata

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sun Jan 6 19:25:32 PST 2008

At 19 45  -0600 1/6/08, Michael Elliott wrote:
>Hi Ray,
>
>I've used EasyFind before, specifically because it will easily
>search for invisible files without a problem.
>
>However, to compare it to Spotlight searches is pretty poor. I need
>searches that will search by content, not just filename.
>
>Also, the speed of Easyfind is abysmal.  I started a search of my
>drives for one word that I know to be rare on my drives, "elephant".
>I have answered a phone call, and literally walked downstairs to get
>a cup of tea, and then write this letter, and the search still isn't
>completed.

I totally agree. On my system, EasyFind is so slow that I just don't
ever both to even try it. BUT, I use NotLight, and it not only
searches as I wish, but is almost as fast as Spotlight. It's
available at VersionTracker, and it's free.

Oops, unfortunately, it doesn't say it is Leopard-compatible, and I
think it isn't.

Daly