[X4U] Extra Applications folder

Terence Cozad tcozad at covad.net
Thu Jan 10 07:51:03 PST 2008

Hi all;
I recently updated my computers to 10.4.11 (I had been on 10.3-yes I know I
am behind). I did a clean install after zeroing out the HD on a TiBook 800
and G4 tower. My question is that since I have been using 10.4 I notice that
a new Application folder suddenly appears in the Home folder. I never had
this with 10.3. Furthermore, I will throw it out but eventually it comes
back, not at first but later.
An Apple ³genius² suggested a corrupted user account. So, I created new
accounts on both computers (turns out there were problems with the migration
assistant transferring over info for the tower so that helped other things).
But, the problem comes back. This extra folder does not cause functional
problems but it bugs me not knowing if it is normal behavior (cant check at
the Apple Store because they just run 10.5), or is it put there by a program
(same programs as 10.3).
Anyone have an answer?
TIA
Terry