[X4U] Cleanapp (something I didn't know I needed)

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Wed Jan 16 05:31:39 PST 2008

At Macworld, I wandered by the booth of a German developer (Synium) and saw
a brochure for a product named Cleanapp, which promises to remove all traces
of a program's installation. Version 2 is available now, version 3 coming
soon apparently.

I'm about to replace my G5 tower with a new Mac Pro. I'd love to get rid of
all the detritus of programs that I no longer use. My (very meager)
understanding of Cleanapp is that part of what it does depends on recording
the INSTALLATION of programs so that days/weeks/months/years later, if one
wants to toss the program, Cleanapp can do a thorough job of same.

I suspect this is a pretty face on a few unix terminal commands. Anyone here
use this program? Anyone have positive or negative things to say about it,
or recommendations for alternatives?

Thanks so much,

Jim Robertson