[X4U] MW Expo; I'm underwhelmed

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 16 13:36:15 PST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008, at 9:33 AM, Jens Selvig wrote:

> ----------------------SNIP---------
> I kind of see this new laptop as a pretty big change in direction
> for Apple. Sort of like when they dropped floppy drives. I can't
> see not having a CD/DVD drive included with the laptop. Maybe in 5
> years it will be normal?

Jens,

I have a friend who really digs Apple. He called me up all excited
last night and told me all the "news". When he got to the new laptop
he said because they were so thin they did not come with an optical
drive, I said OK but how are you going to install new OS's on it. He
said they have the ability to "acquire" optical drives from other
systems. I then ask so what if you don't have other systems to
acquire optical drive from. That left him unable to answer. So my
question is is this true? if so what was Apple thinking?

Ed