[X4U] MW Expo; I'm underwhelmed

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 19 13:35:08 PST 2008

On Jan 19, 2008, at 12:42 PM, Dave B wrote:

> I too have had many Apple laptops - currently 3 in the house. All
> have had their batteries replaced, by me in under a minute each. I
> have in the past had spare batteries for older machines with lesser
> battery life, and I'm considering a spare for my MacBook Pro as 2.5
> hrs often isn't enough. Sending a laptop away for up to 5 days to
> have the battery replaced is not reasonable in my opinion, but I
> tend to keep my equipment beyond 3 years.
>
> The consumer and corporate markets will ultimately decide if Apple
> made the right choice with the Air, but it isn't right for me, my
> family, or those I've spoken with.

Okay, Dave, good for you. The MacBook Air was obviously not designed
for you, your family or those you've spoken with and you have told us
so twice already. Using such BS as "Mac snobbery" is totally out of
line. The MB Air was simply not designed for those who want/need a
MacBook Pro nor for those who want a $1099 MacBook nor for those who
actually enjoy the experience of using a Windows machine, cheap or not.

The MacBook Air was designed perfectly for me and my business and for
many people with whom I have communicated. It competes very well with
the Windows alternatives that are similarly priced and does many
things that none of them can do, one of which is critical--run Mac OS X.

Enjoy your Windows machine, Dave, and, oh... you were almost right
about the market deciding if the MB Air will be successful. It is the
market for these machines that will decide and not "corporate" markets.

-Bill