[X4U] MW Expo; I'm underwhelmed

Christopher Collins maclist at analogdigital.com.au
Sun Jan 20 20:22:06 PST 2008

On 21/01/2008, at 11:08 AM, Linda wrote:

> I thought the Air was too much price for too little computer for a
> few days.
> Having just returned to WI from a 3-day trip to Los Angeles,
> slogging my 17"
> PowerBook through the airports and all around a conference, I have
> changed
> my mind. I would have paid twice the list price to have exchanged that
> bigger, heavier computer with an Air at any point during my trip!
>
> It suddenly made perfect sense. :-)
>
> peace
> Linda

Exactly right Linda!

People who don't travel all the time don't have any real idea about
how much difference 1kg or 2lb make.

The difference in weight and thickness make it a perfect computer for
the office traveller.

Hard disk size is the same as a MacBook. Memory is better than a
MacBook. CPU power is near as dammit the same.

I will gladly pay the $550 to save my back and to make my life much
easier over the next 2 years.

Let's see, thats like $5 extra a week over the next 2 years to make my
life easier and protect my back.

That's well worth it to me.

cjc