[X4U] MW Expo; I'm underwhelmed

Judi Sohn judisohn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 07:02:24 PST 2008

On Jan 21, 2008, at 9:38 AM, James Eddy wrote:

> The MacBook Air is a niche machine. It will be interesting to see
> if this niche will be big enough to keep the MBA viable. I'm pretty
> sure it will.

What I'm finding interesting is the huge gap between those who love
the machine and can describe in great detail all the wonderful things
they could do with a machine like this, and those who have said the
words "I put my $1,800 on the table."

I'm not saying by any stretch that people aren't buying it. I'm only
saying that I'm seeing way more people admiring how fantastic this
machine is with their wallets firmly tucked in their pants. ;-)

I wonder what Apple's sales expectations are for it. That more than
anything will determine whether or not it's a "success."

--
Judi Sohn
http://www.momathome.com