[X4U] Networking Leopard vs. Tiger

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Mon Jan 21 07:16:32 PST 2008

The user interface seems to have changed a LOT. In Leopard, things listed as
shareable remain in the "shared" pane of the host, even when they're not
mounted, but even when they ARE mounted, they don't put icons on the host
Mac's desktop.

Is this what others are seeing? Does it make any difference if one Mac is
running Tiger and the other Leopard?

I suppose I'll get used to this eventually, but I don't like some of these
changes (I haven't seen such ugly icons for default folders since Finder
1.1(g) (that's 128K Macs from 1984 for those with short memories).

Jim Robertson