[X4U] Do I *HAVE* to have WinXP with SP2 for Boot Camp???

Brett Conlon brettnlis at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 22 03:55:27 PST 2008

Hiya,

I'm about to take the plunge and install Windows XP Home Edition on a
20GB partition I prepared (formatted as FAT32) when I first bought my
MacBook Pro.

However, in the Boot Camp manual it is pretty strict in stating that I
need a WindowsXP disc with Service Pack 2 on it. I have a disc with
Service Pack 1 and a separate Microsoft CD with the Service Pack 2 on
it.

Am I stymied before I start or is there a way around this?

All puns about aborting said desire to put Windows on my Mac will be
well received but unfortunately ignored.  ;-D

Harpy New Ear,

Cojcolds