[X4U] MW Expo; I'm underwhelmed

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 22 23:22:30 PST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008, at 4:00 PM, Eugene wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 04:28:31PM CST, Ed Gould
> <edgould1948 at comcast.net> wrote:
>> --------------SNIP-----------------------------------------
> MacBook Air is "X".  You need "Y".  Define "Y".

I was going to go for the corvette/lincoln comparison but figured
that would get to many people upset. So lets keep it with computers.

I need a laptop computer that can expand memory up to 32G (more would
be a plus) and has an optical drive and has a "hard drive" that is
say over 180G AND a builtin ethernet card (or at least one that you
can attach to it). The hard drive can be some new "something" that
looks like a HD it doesn't have to be a PURE HD (physically I mean).
Oh yes and have at least a 17" monitor that is SVGA or better (the
computer of course must have a SVGA graphics card builtin. A battery
that can last at least 8 hours or be able to be plugged in to an
airplane receptacle . A Firewire connection port and a USB port would
be nice. Sound card is mandatory.

Is that a good definition of "Y" ?