[X4U] Quicken on Mac

Lawrence Haber lahaber at mac.com
Thu Jan 24 01:47:02 PST 2008

One of the things that I just don't understand is why there isn't more
outrage within the Mac community regarding Quicken.  And, I might say,
the situation is even more unfathomable given the fact that Bill
Campbell in on the Board of Apple and yet Intuit treats Mac users in
an extremely poor manner.

For me, I am a user of Quicken 2007 and have stupidly purchased almost
all versions since Q1998 came on my original iMac Rev b.  The most
recent event that shows Intuit's failure to perform has been several
days with either lack of securities prices or difficultly in getting
prices.  And, this in the midst of a ot of market volatility.  They
have also made no effort to communicate to Mac users whereas they have
tried to apologize to Windows users.  There has been no outright
disclosure on the plans on Q2008 other than hints of a vaporware-like
Quicken "Life" apparition that will not even equal the current poor
functionality of Quicken for Mac with compared to the Windows
version.  News from rumor sites has Quicken failing to provide
functionality for investments and, in any event, they "plan" to issue
the new software at end 2008, nearly a year late.

But my question is, Quicken for Mac is essentially the same
application it was under 8.1.  It looks almost much the same as it did
on my original iMac and has almost no additionally functionality.
They say that we won't support Q2006 but no one knows why or what the
difference is.  Intuit also wiped hundreds of hard disks out there
lately.  And, yet Campbell is on the Board.  I don't understand the
lack of outrage and Steve Job's putting up with this.  I thought Steve
was a demanding person.

I think they are more evil than Microsoft and think that Bill Gates
would be a better Board member than Campbell.

I can't find a viable alternative to Quicken for investments.  I am
not interested in home checkbook management.  Are there any good
programs out there that can service my needs for investment portfolio
management as done today in Q2007?