[X4U] Hard drive space

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Thu Jan 24 06:48:10 PST 2008

Quoting Robert <rashton at telus.net>:

> Over the past couple of weeks I have been running out of hard drive
> space. If I restart I have 39 gb. With out running any apps My hard
> drive space starts to go down. I can hear the hard drive running. In
> the time to write this email its now down to 37.32 gb. In roughly an
> hour I or 2 will be down to mb.

Your console log is filling up probably . . . take a look at those and
see if you can figure out what's causing the issue . . . it could be
something as simple as a corrupted device driver spewing an error
message every 100 milliseconds or so . . .one of my buddies had the
same problem and it turned out to be a joystick driver that had been
installed as part of a game installation even though he did not have a
joystick installed.