[X4U] Console log question

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Jan 24 18:42:40 PST 2008

On 24 Jan 2008, at 18:41, Art wrote:

> In checking my Console log (as suggested in another thread) I see
> the following occurring over and over again:
>
> "Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://
> my.yahoo.com/p/d.html?v from frame with URL, ... . Domains,
> protocols and ports must match." (I've deleted several lines at the
> ellipsis.)
>
> How unsafe is this, and can/should I do anything to eliminate this
> repeating message?"

Hi there,

I have similar messages in my console.log - they are associated with
a website caleld Reddit, which is a "content aggregation site" which
just basically links to loads of other interesting websites.

When I click on a link in Reddit it opens the other site in a frame
(presumably) with a 1cm Reddit "toolbar" at the top, and the
interesting page from the other site in the body of the webpage. The
Reddit "toolbar" at the top is just plain html with a set of 4 links
to go to the Reddit comments thread (where readers can discuss the
article), rate the article on Reddit, open the article without the
Reddit toolbar, see my "profile" or return to the Reddit homepage.

UPDATE: I also use My Yahoo. and looking again I also see similar
messages from that.

If it's not these messages that are filling up your log then I
wouldn't worry about it. I have every confidence that Reddit is not
trying to do anything malign.

Stroller.