[X4U] Time machine question

Brett Conlon brettnlis at bigpond.com
Fri Jan 25 13:32:30 PST 2008

Since I've had my MBPro 15" I've had continual troubles with sleep and
my Airport. After waking the Mac from sleep, about 3 out of 5 times,
the wireless network wouldn't be able to find my trusted network and
it wouldn't work if I tried connecting again. Initially I thought the
only way to get it back was a reboot but I found if I put it to sleep
again and woke it up, the connection to my airport would just come back.

Off the topic but in a similar vein, from time to time, when I wake my
MBP my Bluetooth will work for 20 or so seconds (enough for me to
click on the login panel and enter my pasword and then maybe click on
an app in the Dock) and then it just stops working. Again, the only
thing I could do was reboot to get it working. Putting it to sleep and
waking it again wouldn't fix it either. I recently discovered that if
I untick then tick the "Bluetooth Power" button in the BT prefs I'd
get my devices back. Less time consuming and painful than a reboot but
still irritating!

I have 10.5.1 (which I remember it mentioned improving connection with
Bluetooth devices) and I was hopeful for a fix but no such luck.

Coj