[X4U] hard drive configuration

alexandre list at kapellos.com
Wed Jul 2 13:28:14 PDT 2008

hi, and sorry for not being clear enough!

i'll rephrase my question: is it reasonable or safe to partition a 2Tb
hard drive configured as raid0, or am i looking for trouble?

i'm no expert, but the thought of merging two 1Tb drives together and
then partitioning them into 2 (or more) partitions just seems awkward…

as for the reliability of the drive; yes i thinks it's reliable. but
since i need to buy yet another drive (to have an off-site back-up,
not because the MyBook isn't reliable…!) i know it won't be a western
digital: the auto sleep mode is not user-configurable, the in-house
formatting utility doesn't offer enough flexibilty, etc…

hope i've made myself clearer.

kind regards, alexandre