[X4U] Macwrite file conversion

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Mon Jul 7 16:46:50 PDT 2008

On 7/7/08 6:28 PM, John F. Richardson wrote:

> Any commercial systems that will convert or ingest a Macwrite II file and
> then upchuck [output, spit out, disgorge, present on a platter,...] a usable
> RTF file or maybe a Word file.

I've got MacLinkPlus Deluxe, which can often scavenge text, if you'd like to
send one to me offlist.

Otherwise, BBEdit often does a good job of cracking text, but it's .txt and
not .rtf. TextWrangler is, I believe, the free version of BBEdit.

Otherwise, you might try importing the text into a page layout program, if
you have one -- if you don't, I can try that here, too.

~Linda