[X4U] Why does anybody ever get a USB external hard drive?

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 8 21:00:17 PDT 2008

On Jul 8, 2008, at 3:43 PM, John F. Richardson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My answer. Price is the main reason.

While that might be a reasonable option. FW -800 is by far the
fastest method. Right now I back up (using FW800) to an external
drive and it takes a bit(+/- 3 hrs) When I tried it a USB 2 it took a
day. So the bottom line is time. If you can afford to take your
system offline for a day go for it. Me 3 hours is the max (for me).
Yes FW800 is more expensive but when you look at as a long term
investments its a few dollars.
Cheapest is *NOT* always best
You get what you pay for.
Ed