[X4U] Opening Word 2007 Vista on an Intel Mac

Joe Sporleder joe at wacondatrader.com
Sun Jul 13 07:30:32 PDT 2008

I work as a tech manager for a local newspaper publisher and we've
been receiving Word files with the .docx extension and I've noticed
that I've been able to open them with the latest version of Pages as
well as a fairly recent version of NeoOffice. The only strange thing
is that before either program will open the file, MacOS X 10.4.11 on
my MacBook Pro warns me that the file may contain an application and
the safety of the file can't be determined. After I dismiss the
dialogue, it goes ahead and opens the file.

So, I'm thinking the husband with the MacBook might consider
downloading the latest OpenOffice or NeoOffice for Mac for a "free"
solution, or consider buying the latest version of iWorks to get Pages.

Joe