[X4U] Leopard's Movie Widget for Tiger?

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Thu Jul 17 21:18:05 PDT 2008

On 17-Jul-08, at 5:02 PM, zapcat wrote:

> On Jul 17, 2008, at 12:29 PM, Mark Des Cotes wrote:
>
>> I was browsing a local computer store that just became an
>> authorized Apple dealer. While taking the time to instruct the
>> sales people on how to use a Mac...
>
> Hey, lemme aks a question here...how does a store become an
> authorized Apple dealer with a staff that do not know how to use Macs?
>
> Just curious...
>
> zc

It's a little strange. They received their Apple Reseller
certification about two weeks ago and instantly set up a display of
iMacs and MacBooks. However, I'm told that due to people being on
holiday Apple Canada doesn't have anyone available to train the sales
staff until two weeks from now. I asked and not one of them had
visited Apple's web site to inform themselves on the products they
sell. I was told that they've already sold one iMac and three
MacBooks. The iMac and two of the MacBooks were to previous Mac users
who knew what they wanted when they came in. The third MacBook was
sold to someone who needs a Windows XP laptop but wanted a Mac
because they know the hardware is build better. They have no
intention of ever using OSX on it. I gave the store owner my card and
told him to call me if they have any questions regarding Macs. I've
worked on Macs since the Mac Plus and I've owned one or another ever
since the LCII came out.