[X4U] Windows closing in Leopard

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Mon Jul 21 17:53:11 PDT 2008

When I am transferring my image files from the CF cards to the
computer, it is kind of a hassle to have be continuously opening a new
window each time I insert a new card. That being said, the work around
of clicking on a different volume before clicking the eject button
works fine, leaving the current window still open.

It does not matter which window has focus when you insert the CF card.
The current window that has focus is closed if the CF card or CD or I
suppose any other removable device, is closed. I understand the logic
Apple has chosen but I don't agree with it. (For me) Maybe they did
extensive research and found this system is best for most people? It
could be a finder preference. I am sure I'll be just perfectly happy
with this behavior in a day or two!

Jens