[X4U] Well, well

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Sat Jul 26 08:01:18 PDT 2008

On Jul 25, 2008, at 9:15 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> Personally I'm getting tired of Apple dropping major features I use
> with every new version of the OS.

Reminds me of one of my friends who still has all of his financial
data on an Apple IIGS. It takes the computer almost an hour to update
the totals in his database when he recalculates his current financial
position.

I run 10.5.4 on a G4 933 and can not remember having it crash. I use
the G4 mostly for email and web browsing and running some FMP
databases. I have had an occasional burp on my two Intel systems
running 10.5.4 but don't really feel troubled by an sort of frequency
of problems. So I guess, anecdotally, I don't fit in with the
complainers here.

When the G4 becomes obsoleted by the latest OS, I'll probably replace
it with an iMac that will undoubtedly be many times faster. Most
likely I'll find a used Intel based iMac as my needs are not that huge.

Jens

Jens Selvig
...Lost in Montana...