[X4U] iphone list

Tim Collier tim.collier at mac.com
Wed Jul 30 18:06:41 PDT 2008

On 7/30/08 11:29 AM, alexandre said:
>> I don't, but do you have any specific issues?  I might be able to
>> help.
>>
>> Tim
> tim
>
> no, no specific issues, just questions about the software (like "can i
> open mail with it checking for new messages?"Š)
>
> i figured it wasn't a good idea to start asking this sort of question
> on a mac listŠ
>
> alexandre
>
> On Jul 30, 2008, at 13:37 , Tim Collier wrote:

When you open the mail application, it automatically checks for new mail.
There is no way that I've found to turn this off.  With the push technology
in the new 3G, it was killing my battery, changing over to fetch (where you
can set the interval) has improved things quite a bit.  Battery now lasts
for about 2-3 days before needing a recharge.  Can you tell I don't make
many calls?  Anyway, no, it checks for mail automatically.
But the nice thing about syncing with Mobileme is that I can read the same
mail here and then sync and it's then set to read status on the phone.
--
Tim Collier
MacBook Pro 2.33 gig 4 gig RAM