[X4U] Super mouse acting oddly

Ray Choiniere rfcee at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 4 20:39:17 PDT 2008

On Jun 4, 2008, at 2:13 PM, M. Milligan wrote:

> I have an iMac 2.8MHz, 4GM RAM, with the Bluetooth mouse & keyboard.
>
> I've noticed lately, the cursor of the mouse seems to take off by
> itself when no one is touching the mouse, or when I'm scrolling over
> to an icon, it seems to take off in another direction.
>
> Any suggestions as to what's occuring?

Hi Murray;

I had some of the same trouble, and it gradually seemed to get worse.
My solution was simply to change the mat I was using the mouse on.
Right now it's working smoothly, with very few skips or twitches, on
my plain ol' beech-laminate desktop!

I'm guessing that the mouse has trouble reading certain variations
when they come under the optics and when it loses its place (so to
speak) it just gets squirrelly. But on a surface that has variations
that the mouse is comfortable with it does fine; no skipping. If I'm
correct, the interesting thing is that surfaces that are full of handy
variations for the mouse are not necessarily very varied to my eyes.
I've even had some success using the Supermouse on plain tying paper!

So I suggest you start by fiddling with a few surfaces and just see
what happens.

Hope this is helpful.

Ray