[X4U] Parallels "XP" -- no network

Marc Stergionis stermarc at mac.com
Thu Jun 5 11:36:25 PDT 2008

Was able to get XP running on my Macbook by using a fresh Virtual PC
Windows XP document on my AL PB as the target OS install file for
Parallels.

So XP is running but I have no internet access! IE in XP reports
cannot find server. No matter what I do, in Internet options >
connections > setup I get no connection. Whether it's a simple
"connect to the internet," or "set up a home or small office network"
No joy. It seems to go through the motions of joining a network, but
still no connection.

In the device manager, XP says Parallels Network Adapter is installed
but may not work correctly.

The device cannot start (code 10).

However I"m using Airport extreme and I don't know if it's referring
to that or to an ethernet adapter.

XP was getting internet access when installed via VPC on my AL PB.

I'm running OS 10.5.3, Parallels 3.0 (build 5600). What's the trick
to getting a network connection?
--
Marc Stergionis