[X4U] .Mac Homepage Public Folder

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Thu Jun 5 17:54:16 PDT 2008

>It looks like you were right.  I took out the space and #.  Now, my
>friend is able to download to his WinXP  PC.  So, WinXP doesn't
>allow filenames with spaces and #?  Thanks.

I don't know about that. Maybe it should be adding codes to account
for the spaces, or something. But my experience leads me to always,
as a general policy, name files and folders without spaces or special
characters. So then I never have to think about it.

  I know that I developed that policy some time in the distant past
when I was having trouble because of spaces and/or special
characters. It makes me crazy when clients name dated folders with
slashes in them, like "invoices 6/07-6/08". Don't DO that!

You're going to run into Windows limitations or Unix limitations or
something or other somewhere down the line, so I think it's best just
to avoid the issue. Everyone can tolerate underlines and hyphens.

Daly