[X4U] How much can it cost

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Fri Jun 6 05:24:49 PDT 2008

On Jun 6, 2008, at 6:12 AM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> The problem returned.  I worked with my G5 yesterday and this
> morning.  Could put him to sleep and wake up again.  This noon after
> a wake-up, I got a frozen cursor and and each attempt  after was a
> black screen. So after changing the battery, it lasted not even a
> day.  What strikes me is that it did work.  If the motherboard or a
> processor is the problem, why then did it work?

You might try disconnecting all periphrials, extra internal hard
drives that you may have added and remove any non apple memory cards.
See if you still have the same problem. If the G5 does work OK in this
stripped down configuration you could start adding stuff back on until
the crashes return. Slow process. :)

By the way, I assume you have at least your data files backed up in
case at some point the computer becomes inoperable in the extreme.

Jens

Jens Selvig
...Lost in Montana...