[X4U] Question that might pertain to quite a few MAC users

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Fri Jun 6 05:25:51 PDT 2008

Simon wrote:

>First go round would be a browser directed at the internal IP of
>your router (which you can dig out from network preferences).

What I get in the network preferences appears to be the IP address of
my Airport Extreme. It's the 10.0.1.1 on which the rest of the
network IP addresses is based. What I get from going to
<http://www.whatismyip.com> is the external IP address, and I assume
that is the one that belongs to the cable modem.  That one actually
doesn't show up in my Network prefs (I'm running Tiger).

But anyway, I can't reach either one with a browser.

I looked around in Console and also in Airport Utility. There's lots
of interesting stuff there, but no apparent way to find traffic logs,
or access to the cable modem or Airport.

But your suggestion of the Net Monitor tool might turn out to be just
the thing. Thank you for a good suggestion.

Daly