[X4U] Decent (but cheap) video cam suggestions?

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Sat Jun 14 21:43:56 PDT 2008

On Jun 14, 2008, at 3:03 PM, Jesse Leo wrote:

> So our oldie but goodie Canon ZR60 broke. I'm sure that model is no
> longer
> available, but can anyone recommend something in that class that is
> reasonably priced? We're not into anything fancy, just filming the
> kids on
> vacation and pulling it into iMovie, that sort of thing.
>
> Also, we've been out of the film game for about a year - has the
> technology
> changed at all? Do we still use those mini-DV tapes?

It has changed. You can now record to DVD, SD Card, HardDrive and
MiniDV tape.

But minidv tape - for now - still has the best image.

Canon has a ZR900 listing at $249.00, cheaper at stores for sure.

<http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=174&modelid=16202

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at cox.net