[X4U] Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Mon Jun 16 18:32:34 PDT 2008

On Jun 16, 2008, at 6:13 PM, Linda wrote:

> Not afraid of it. Just don't NEED it, regardless of the private
> emails that
> tell me otherwise. :-)

right on.

not sure why the idea that some are "afraid of" any new tech would be
the theory of choice, but I don't need to constantly have the latest
thing to do my work, to be effective, or to be a fulfilled person.

as others have said, I feel there's *far* too much emphasis on what
hardware/software companies would like to be a mandatory 6 month
upgrade cycle.

To me, it's just plain stupid. Tiger on the computers I own right
now, works great and I'm smart enough to use a Mac...smart enough to
know when not to spend my dough on something I don't need.

zc