[X4U] Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

Christopher Collins maclist at analogdigital.com.au
Mon Jun 16 20:09:53 PDT 2008

On 17/06/2008, at 10:26 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> Most people here seem to understand that if something works for you,
> it
> would be nice if certain companies didn't force you to go out and
> replace
> it.
>
> Zane

No-one at Apple or anywhere else is forcing you to go out and replace
it.

You can stay stuck exactly where you are.

But don't expect that any company is going to fully support hardware
or software that is more than 5 years old.

It just isn't economically feasible.

But if you want to stay in the last century with your hardware and
software, and lose out on all the productivity increases due to the
newer versions of hardware and software, then by all means stay there.
That is your choice.

But don't blame any company for not wanting to continue supporting you
past 5 years. It just isn't economically feasible.

cjc