[X4U] Video questions

Robert rashton at telus.net
Tue Jun 17 07:18:11 PDT 2008

I have a Sony HDR-SR12 AVCHD camcorder. Bringing the files into iMovie
they play great. I then burn them onto a Blu-ray disk using toast
9.0.2 They play back great except every so often I get a pause for a
second and then the movie keeps going. Tried shutting chapter markers
off but that didn't help. This is a little annoying. Using iMovie I
have exported the files into quicktime using mp4, setting being 1920
by 1080 at both 15 fps and custom 30fps.  Both looked terrible. So
question is what settings should I be using to get the best results on
a blu-ray disk. It would be nice to be able to go from iMovie to toast
directly. I have a MacPro, 5 gb ram, 10.5.3 and toast 9.0.2.
Thanks Bob