[X4U] Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

zapcat zapcat at speakeasy.net
Tue Jun 17 07:47:46 PDT 2008

On Jun 17, 2008, at 1:32 AM, Tim Collier wrote:

> My partner and I just recently took a trip to Europe, a week in
> Barcelona
> then a 13 day Western Mediterranean Cruise (Barcelona to
> Southampton), then
> a week in London..[took a  ton of photos, and uploading them to the
> web was a snap] <my paraphrase.

That's great!

Sounds like your computer/camera gear is really doin' it for you.

There's another viewpoint, tho. People used to go on vacation to get
away from their daily routine. They took photos with chemical film,
and how those turned out would be a mystery until couple weeks after
their return.

Mostly their vacation was about being there, not capturing the moment
forever and zapping it up onto an electronic network for the world to
see, hours after that moment was captured.

It sounds like you are really getting the ride you want from your
rig, and as soon as the ride's no longer fun, you'll be shopping for
the next newest, faster, more capable thing.

And maybe that thing will be that you'll be able to take and upload
vacation photos for your family and friends to see BEFORE you even
leave for vacation!

wouldn't THAT be a buzz?

then you could really leave the computers and gear behind and have
this whole new cutting-edge experience...

but then, I'm wierd...

[btw: you took some NICE photos...thanks for including the link.]

zc