[X4U] End of the line for PPC support from Apple

Geoffrey Loeffler geoffrey at alaska.net
Tue Jun 17 15:50:29 PDT 2008

at 3:47 PM, Tim Collier wrote:

>   I know families that insist
> that children as young as 8 carry cell phones with them.  These are
> dangerous times we live in.

And a cell phone does what to protect you from these "dangerous times
we live in."  Not sure where you live, but the only danger I fear are
the idiots in charge.
To me the cell phone is just a changing of the technology, the cord
has disappeared. It certainly offers me no more security, and in fact
may do just the opposite by allowing the cell phone company and any
one else who is interested, to track my every movement, so security
is often perceived but not really there.

"Corporation IT members at the recent InfoSecurity Europe exhibition
regarded smartphones as a growing security risk, with concern higher
among enterprises with more than 1000 employees (97%) than smaller
organisations (91%)."

So it's the same old problem, we get the technology, that granted,
can be used for a better society, but rarely does this happen with
out just as large of negative impacts on us and our freedooms.

Enjoy
Geoff