[X4U] how to view "pageouts?"

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Tue Jun 17 20:53:09 PDT 2008

On 6/17/08 10:39 PM, Ed Gould wrote:

> Memory is cheap right now and I would
> recommend getting as much as you can afford. Its the "cheapest" way
> of speeding up your system
> BUT until you have issues with response time you may not need any.
>
> I hope I wasn't to complicated in my response.

No, you weren't too complicated -- Zane, did it help your question?

I've got 4.5GB RAM in my G5, and my slots are all full. To add more to this
more-than-4-year-old Mac, I'd have to discard a couple of 512s, and at this
point I'd rather put my pennies in my piggy bank and wait for a new Mac in a
year or three... or whenever Adobe CS5 and XPress 9 require it. :-)

When I think back to my G4 800 dual MP, and my 8600 604ev before that, and
my 7100/80 before *that*... sluggish is relative. :)