[X4U] Round speakers

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Fri Jun 20 05:18:26 PDT 2008

On 6/20/08 12:36 AM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> I've round Apple speakers with a male connector of 2.4 mm.  These
> don't fit in a Mac Pro.  Is there a cable with on one end a 2.4 mm
> female connector and the other end a 3.5 mm male connector.  Maybe I
> looked a the wrong places, but I couldn't find one.

The speakers you have were either iMac specific, or G4 tower specific. To
use them on any other model, you'll need an adapter, like Griffin's iFire
(which has been discontinued, but you might find it used somewhere like
eBay).

I have the iFire, and I'm not overly pleased with it. The speakers sounded
nicer on my G4 than they do through the iFire on my G5. I wish I'd spent the
$40 on new speakers instead of the iFire, despite how much I liked these
speakers on my G4 -- they simply don't sound the same on the adapter on the
G5.

~Linda