[X4U] The ARDAgent security hole: What you need to know

..lj darwin at ljsworld.com
Mon Jun 30 15:29:07 PDT 2008

On Jun 30, 2008, at 12:10, John F. Richardson wrote:

>     YOU WILL USE ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE AND KEEP IT UPDATED
>     YOU WILL USE ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE AND KEEP IT UPDATED
>     YOU WILL USE ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE AND KEEP IT UPDATED
I disagree with this completely.

On a Mac in the last 2 years, most anti-virus programs has caused
problems with Macs.  I'm not going to install software that will like
cause problems to protect myself from problems that as yet don't
exists.  This last security hole is something I don't have to worry
about because I don't download from unknown sites. Furthermore anti-
virus software historically is a poor defense against this problem. It
hard to defend against an operator who installs unknown software.
..lj