[X4U] E-Mail programs (Was: Users' judgments of the glossy screen?)

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Sat Mar 1 06:25:29 PST 2008

On 2/27/08 11:15 AM, "Jesse Leo" <jleo at projectsupport.com> wrote:

> Some might argue that one monolithic database, while possibly prone to
> corruption, is far easier to backup/restore and/or quickly move to a
> different computer. Any thoughts?

The flip side of that is that it needs to be backed up IN TOTAL every time
you open it because that resets the modified flag. My Entourage database is
a relatively modest 2 gigabytes. I do move the whole thing back and forth
between Mac Pro and MacBook Pro as the way to have a backup copy (Entourage
also makes backups to the drive where it exists). However, if you're doing
incremental backups of your entire drive, adding 2 gigs to that backup every
time uses media rather quickly.

Jim Robertson