[X4U] Blu-Ray and DVD Player

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Sat Mar 8 12:51:10 PST 2008

I don't have a blu-ray disk drive, but the preferences for HD are not
grayed out on my DVD Player preferences.

Regarding HD, I don't think it's strange to have HD in the menu.  You
can play HD video off of a regular DVD that you've burned yourself
from your own HD video, I believe, or probably even a CD. Just not
much length can be fit on those disks.

I'm pretty sure that HD doesn't mean Blu-Ray, and vice versa.